We recognised that accessing ladders and materials stored on the roof racks of our vans involves working at height and manual handling problems.
Roof racks that slide and tilt were researched and two versions were purchased for trials. Due to the positive feedback from the trials, this type of rack will now feature on all new additions to our fleet of vehicles, removing the need to work at height when loading or unloading and drastically reducing the manual handling involved.
Rhino Products have recently launched their next generation Safestow®. This is designed from the ground upwards and makes loading and unloading ladders on to light commercial vehicles faster, easier and safer than ever before. The features include:-
- Safe loading and unloading in seconds
- Manufactured from highly robust aluminium and stainless steel components
- Fully adjustable to carry most ladder types
- Secure and lockable
- 20g crash tested TUV approved
- Five way easy adjustable settings to optimise the resistance of the gas rams to the weight of ladders for loading/unloading different weights
- Ultra low overall height, with all gas rams remaining horizontal in operation
- Brass bushes and fully sealed roller bearings used throughout to ensure an effortless gliding action when operated
- Highly rigid and torsional strength design